BARE TRUTH

BY JACKIE SUMMERS

Fishnet tights Ann Taylor nude color flirtini

We all know that nude pantyhose are akin to roller sets–so 1950s. BUT the reality is that after a certain age, while the legs often remain shapely, the skin? Not so flawless. Plus bare legs get cold in the winter! I think I’ve found a solution. I picked up a pair of flesh colored fishnet tights at Ann Taylor for a dress-up business dinner in New York and they looked great with a ruffled, gunmetal skirt, sparkly black cardigan and leopard pumps. Plenty of coverage but sheer enough to avoid the dreaded orange “suntan” effect. They’re even kind of sexy!

Tags: , ,

Post Author

This post was written by Flirtini who has written 66 posts on Flirtini.

7 Responses “BARE TRUTH”

1. Joyce November 1, 2011 8:49 pm #

Love this idea. I can’t wait to purchase some for myself. Do you think I could wear them during the day at the office?

• Jackie Summers November 1, 2011 8:53 pm #

Absolutely! They’re perfect for Phoenix–not too hot but they do provide a little bit of warmth for the air-conditioned office! The Ann Taylors are a bit pricey–$20–but the quality seems good.

• Linda November 1, 2011 8:55 pm #

I agree! Perfect for office. I’m going to wear these to work for sure.

2. Linda November 1, 2011 8:54 pm #

I love this post. Because my legs in winter are so freakin’ Edgar Winters white, nude fishnets will be a life saver! I will order asap! I also fell in love with Spanx metallic luxe in nude. They are shimmery and very hot. Those probably not so much for day. But I think the nude fishnet tights would be just fine for day. They are so subtle to work for office. Just my opinion!

• Joyce November 3, 2011 5:52 pm #

O.K. I will purchase for sure. Have you tried the Spanx Power Panties yet? They are really comfortable, not panties lines and very flattering under dresses and skirts.

• Linda November 3, 2011 6:19 pm #

I love the idea of “Power Panties.” Will have to try. Are they uncomfortable? Do they look like high tech “grannies?”

• Joyce November 4, 2011 1:45 am #

I promise they are comfortable. I do have some Spanx panty hose that suck you in too much if you know what I mean. These are soft and non-industrial. I have them in nude and in black. They have a little bit longer leg like a boy short.